Friday, October 30, 2015

Forest Dunes Review

As I mentioned in my last blog, I played Forest Dunes this past weekend. What a fantastic golf course. I played Arcadia Bluffs last year and was blown away by that course. Forest Dunes may not offer the spectacular views you get at the Bluffs, but it is every bit as good a course. They are both must play golf courses for all golfers. 

The ride to Forest Dunes from Metro Detroit is only about 2 1/2 hours, making it a nice weekend getaway. The clubhouse is impressive as are the different lodging options. For those of you who did not know, like me, they are adding a unique Tom Doak course. The course will play 1 to 18 and then 18 to 1 on alternating days. If you weren't excited about playing Forest Dunes before, you should be now. This will make for a perfect weekend golf trip. Play the Dunes twice and play each way on the Doak course. I am looking forward to next year. 

Back to Forest Dunes, enjoy some of the pictures I took as this is the best way to showcase the golf course. 
The second shot into 8.

From 8th fairway looking at 18 and the range.

8th Fairway.

8th green with 18 fairway across the lake. 

The next three are from tee box on 9. Par 3. Great Hole!

From the III tee, this played about 175 into the wind. 

Mostly carry to a beautiful green and backdrop!

Fun hole cut out of the landscape. 

Impressive cart path around the entire course!

18th green. Third shot on par 5. 

19th, (Bye Hole) A nice par 3 with a bunker in the middle of the green to settle any unfinished bets!

I hope you enjoy the pictures, and would like to hear from those who have played Forest Dunes to see what you thought of the course.

Disclaimer: I was not paid or reimbursed by either golf course to give my review of Forest Dunes or Arcadia Bluffs.

3 comments:

  1. wow that is a gorgeous course. I'll have to check it out next time i'm up there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of golf..i used to golf almost everyday. I have never played either of these courses but I have heard about Arcadia Bluffs and hope to play it one day. Forest Dunes looks awesome too!

    ReplyDelete